8 класс. Урок "Компьютеры в нашей жизни".
- Организационное начало урока, целеполагание
- Основная часть
- фонетическая зарядка (устные ответы на вопросы)
- выполнение упражнений
- изучение нового лексического материала
- закрепление нового лексического материала (составление предложений)
- КТД (работа в группах, монолог)
3. Домашнее задание, объяснение.
4. Подведение итогов.
Standup, please. Stand still. Good morning! I’m glad to see you. Sit down, please. Today I’ll be your teacher. My name is Elizaveta Dmitrievna.
Today our topic is: “Computers in our life”.The 20th century is famous for the greatest inventions. Can you name them? (They are Refrigerators, TV sets, microwave ovens, radio and mobile telephones, and of cause computers). These wonderful inventions made our life easy, comfortable and pleasant.
Answer my questions, please. Do you have a personal computer at home? Can you use it? What can you do with their help?
(I have a computer at home. I can use and operate it quite well. I can make my own pictures, I play games, for example, The Great Battle and Counterstrike, I write letters to my e-mail friend and I can make some programs! I hope I will be able to do some other things in the future.)
Can you use the Internet? What do you use the Internet for? (to search music, pictures, to make reports for school, watch movies). Do you like working with the computer? Why?
What are the positive and negative sides of computers?
- Computers can do a lot of work for us. (we can do our work more quickly)
- Chatting in the Internet with your friend is not the same as a face-to-face talk. (we can’t see the face of our friend and its true emotions )
- They help us at school.
- They keep useful information.
- Viruses are a headache for many users.
- They can even teach us English as well as other subjects.
- You shouldn’t spend too much time at your PC.It’s bad for your eyesight.
Look at the blackboard, tell me can computers …?
- play chess
- do crosswords
- print documents
- forecast the weather
- English check spellings
- make music
- have conversations
- write books
Answers and tasks:
1) Yes, they can count.
2) Yes, they can translate. But some translations look really funny.
3) Yes, computers can speak English, but limited.
4) Yes, they can play chess.
5) No, they can’t see. It’s impossible.
6) No, computers can’t do crosswords. Though some modern ones probably can.
7) Unfortunately computers can’t hear as well as smell.
8) Yes. Of course, they can print some documents.
9) Yes, computers can forecast the weather.
10) Yes, they can check spellings.
11) Yes, they can make music.
12) No, computers can’t have conversations.
13) No, they can’t write books. Only the man can write them with their help.
14) No, they can’t think.
15) Yes, computers can paint. They do it with our help.
As we see, computers can do a lot of things, but not all of them. But we all use PCs to make our life easier.
In the world of computers we use some special words and expressions. They all have two meanings: from the general English and from the sphere of computers. Open your vocabularies and write down the meanings of these words.
amouse – 1) мышь;
2) мышка (компьютерная)
tosurf –1) заниматься серфингом;
2) бродить по Интернету
a flame –1) пламя;
2) неприветливое (грубое) письмо по электронной почте
toboot – 1) ударить ногой;
2) стартовать компьютер
a bug – 1) жук;
2) ошибка в компьютерной программе
a geek – 1) фокусник, иллюзионист;
2) профессионал в компьютерном деле
Try to make the sentence using new words. You have 5 minutes.
Sample answers: Yesterday my brother got a flame when he was surfing the Internet. We are going to buy a new mouse for our PC. This one doesn’t work. I can’t boot my computer, there’s something wrong. Michael is a real geek, he knows everything in the world of computers.
What do you think about computers in future? How do you imagine it? Now you should paint the computer of your dreams and tell me what it can do. Divide into 2-3 groups and I’ll give you sheets of paper.
I’ll give you 5 minutes.
Ok, your time is over, let’s check your pictures and commentaries.
The lesson is over. You may be free. Goodbye.